Who is Megan Fox, really? To hear her tell it, she’s just another libidinous, homebody, pot-loving, girl-crushing, insecure, one-man bad girl … or was she just kidding about all of that?
Though her resume is slim — two ‘Transformers’ movies and ‘Jennifer’s Body’ are the highlights so far — and those roles were heavily defined by serving as eye candy, Fox has cannily created a media persona that is surely more compelling than anything she’s done on the big screen.
Fearlessly candid in interviews, Fox is by turns boastful, bored, impudent, and insecure, but always confessional. Wondering how she really feels about [‘Transformers’ director] Michael Bay? Interested in that affair with a stripper named Nikita? Curious about her libido? The answers are all a matter of record. While other starlets’ handlers are hurrying their clients past the press lines, Megan Fox stays and engages, delivering provocative quotes every time she opens her mouth.
The question is: does she mean everything she says? Or perhaps, does she meananything she says? She has answered that question too, only we don’t know whether to believe her. So we’ll let her keep us guessing. Here are our favorites from 2009.
10. “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero. She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” — Times of London
9. “I’m so suspicious of boys-slash-men. I just don’t like them or trust them.” — Elle
8. “I mean, I could see myself in a relationship with a girl — Olivia Wilde is so sexy she makes me want to strangle a mountain ox with my bare hands. She’s mesmerizing.” — GQ
7. “I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy.” — FHM
6. “I think that I’m so psychotic and so mentally ill that if I could tap into that I could do something really interesting.” — Entertainment Weekly
5. “Women hold the power because we have the vaginas. If you’re in a heterosexual relationship and you’re a female, you win.” — Cosmopolitan
4. “I think people are born bi-sexual and then make subconscious choices based on the pressures of society. I have no question in my mind about being bi-sexual. But I’m also a hypocrite: I would never date a girl who was bi-sexual, because that means they also sleep with men, and men are so dirty that I’d never want to sleep with a girl who had slept with a man.” — Esquire
3. “I’m not going to win an Oscar anytime soon. I’m not Meryl Streep.” — GQ
2. “I don’t understand why people don’t have a f***ing sense of humor. Always assume that I’m being sarcastic.” — Entertainment Weekly
1. “I am pretty sure I am a doppelganger for Alan Alda. I’m a tranny. I’m a man. I’m so painfully insecure. I’m on the verge of vomiting right now. I am so horrified that I am here, and embarrassed. I’m scared.” — E! red carpet interview at the 2009 Golden Globes